A graduate of Vanderbilt University, and member of the Appraisers Association of America and Associate Member of the International Society of Appraisers, Berenice Denton provides expert appraisals of antiques, art, and household items. She has held estate sales all over Nashville, Middle Tennessee (Lebanon, Gallatin, Clarksville, Columbia, etc.) Kingsport, Lewisburg and Memphis, TN.
She has also held sales in Birmingham and Sheffield, Alabama, Marion, Illinois, Cadiz, Kentucky, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Dayton, Ohio and as far west as Albuquerque, New Mexico. She has conducted Estate Sales for several celebrities and several Country Music performers including, Bill Monroe, Trisha Yearwood, Louise & Earl Scruggs, Buddy Killen, Jimmy Velvet, Margo Smith, Skeeter Davis, Teddy Wilburn, the Hank Williams Sr. estate, Martina McBride, Sheryl Crow, Ambassador Guilford Dudley, and two sales each for Barbara Mandrell and Waylon Jennings. Her business Estate Sales clients include American General Insurance Co., The Dan Maddox Estate, and Robinson Humphrey Investment Firm. Berenice conducts sales and appraisals of all sizes, from small households to the largest estates. Her largest appraisal to date was for the West End United Methodist Church in Nashville, TN. Other key estate sales include Chancellor Harvey Branscomb and George Gillette.
Also in Nashville she has done appraisals for Belmont University, Fisk University, Pam Tillis, and Belle Meade Plantation. She also conducted a multi-million dollar art appraisal for the Tenenbaum Family in N. Fayetteville, AR. In addition to estate sales and on-site appraisals, Berenice has performed appraisals at several Antiques Road Shows, including The Hermitage Mansion in Nashville, GMR in Nashville, Birmingham, Louisville, Kansas City, San Francisco, Little Rock, WRCB TV in Chattanooga, The Nashville Humane Shelter Benefit, and the Little Rock Antique Show. Let the licensed and insured professionals at Berenice Denton Estate Sales handle your sale, and make it a successful, stress-free, and a profitable venture for everyone involved.
- Bachelor of Arts in Art History, English, and Secondary Education – Vanderbilt University, 1958
Antique Educational Classes and Seminars
- Attends seminars by The Appraisers Association of America Inc., New York
- Christie’s Newport Symposium in Rhode Island: Art, Porcelain, Furniture, Silver, and Glassware
- Cheekwood Art Seminars
- Attends the Athenum Appraisal show in Columbia, TN annually
- Has been a guest on Blown Glass Seminar, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Has been a guest on Appraising and Antiques
- Subscribes to numerous antiques, collectibles, furniture trade magazines and various on-line subscriptions such as artfact.com, artprice.com, Gordonsart.com, p4a.com etc.
- Member of The Appraisers Association of America, Inc.
- Conducted a adult education class at Montgomery Bell Academy on antiques and estate sales in Nashville, TN
- Given the Prestigious National Pi Beta Phi Fraternity Carolyn Holman Lichtenberg Crest Award. This Award is presented to distinguished alumni honored for outstanding personal achievement in areas of community success or professional development.
- Participated in Philip Morris Antiques Road Show for over 5 years throughout the country.
- Collector and dealer in antiques, fine art and collectibles
- Founder and owner of Berenice Denton Estate Sales and Appraisals, The Cottage in Bellevue, The Cottage Café in Nashville, TN
- Has been a guest on the WSMV/NBC Noon Show in Nashville TN discussing various antique topics.
- Instructor at the University School, Adult Education Program in “Estate Sales” and Guest Instructor at Montgomery Bell Academy in Nashville, TN
- Received “Woman of the Year” Award, Green Hills News, 1998
- Received the “Best in Nashville” Award by the Nashville Scene
- Named the “Estate Sale Queen” by The Tennessean Newspaper in1997
- Past President of the Vanderbilt University Alumni Association
- Guest speaker on antiques and appraising at various clubs and organizations including Junior League, Garden Clubs, Investment Clubs, Ladies Clubs and Civic Organizations, Chattanooga, TN “Road Show” Appraisal Day, Free Appraisal Day for The Humane Society, APTA Appraisal Fair at the Belle Meade Mansion
- Co-Founder of “Christmas Village” with Barbara Fridrich, Nashville, TN
- Past and Present Memberships: Centennial Club, Cheekwood and Frist Center for the Visual Arts
Special Appraisals and Estate Sale Clients
- Dan and Margaret Maddox
- John Moore Lee
- Ambassador Guilford Dudley
- Joe Galante
- George Gillett
- Luke Perry (from “Beverly Hills 90210″)
- Largest Estate Sale and Appraisal to date: Alfred Goodman of Dayton, Ohio
- Many Country Music Artists including Waylon Jennings, Barbara Mandrell, Bill Monroe, Trisha Yearwood, Teddy Wilburn, Sheryl Crow, Earl Scruggs, Martina McBride, Pam Tillis, Skeeter Davis, Jimmy Velvet, Tony Joe White, Buddy Killen and Hank Williams Sr.
- Fine Art Appraisal for the Tenenbaum Estate in Little Rock, AR
- Various companies and professional organizations including West End Methodist Church, American General Insurance Co.,Robinson Humphrey Investment Firm and Sony Music
- Out of state estate sales and appraisals conducted in Albuquerque, NM, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Allensville, KY, Marion, IL, Birmingham, AL, Dayton, Ohio and all over the entire state of Tennessee
Appraising Areas of Expertise
- Trust Departments, Insurance Companies, Damage/Loss Claims, Inventory, Estates, Equitable Distribution, Tax Donations, Charitable Contributions.
- Antiques and General Residential Contents Appraiser
- Commercial Appraiser
- Appraisals, Consultations and Evaluations
Pride and Joy – Husband, 4 Children and their spouses, 13 Grandchildren